Membership in the Arkansas Court Officers Association is open to any Probation Officer, Bailiff, Community Service Officer or Specialized Officer working in or under jurisdiction of an Arkansas Court or any certified Court Security Officer (CSO). (Any law enforcement officer or Circuit Court employee that has completed the CSO training will be eligible to join).
- Any active Court Security Officer, Bailiff, Probation Officer or Law Enforcement Officer working for any court system in Arkansas.
- Member of the Arkansas Court Officers Association for 2 years.
To be nominated for the Officer of the Year Award, the person must meet two or more of the following criteria:
- Demonstrated exemplary service.
- Displayed excellence in the performance of duties under unusual, complicated, or hazardous conditions.
- Shown outstanding performance over a prolonged period of time or for designing and implementing exemplary problem-solving projects in cooperation with the community.
- Awarded for heroic deed of courage at the risk of personal safety, or for meritorious service above and beyond the call of duty in assignments of great responsibility.
May be made by any regular member of the organization or any employee of the court staff and shall include at least the following information:
- Name and work address of nominee
- Department or Agency
- Position/ current or past
- Narrative of action or contribution to law enforcement or organization
- Person submitting
- Others supporting the nomination
The selection from those nominated will be done by the Awards Committee: selection committee appointed yearly by the organization’s President. The committee will consist of at least three members and no more than five. One of those appointed will be designated as the Chairperson.
The award will be presented at the organization’s annual meeting in February.
Nominations must be received by January 15 each year.